Is hard-processing a tough nut to crack? Not if you have the right cutting tools and coatings for the job like CemeCon HSN².
Cost-effective hard-processing of tools with hardnesses above 50 HRC requires sound process knowledge. Machine tools, cutting tools, tool holders and the machining process have to complement one another perfectly.
Accurately constructed, the coating material takes on particular significance in this complex process. The coating material can be deposited on solid carbide mills and inserts for hard cutting operations.
- Colour: Reddish Purple-Brown;
- Microhardness Temperature (°C): 23,800;
- Maximum Application: 1,100;
- Coating Structure: Nanocomposite, 3 layer
- Application: 2FL, Ø4 mm Ballnose Endmill
- Part: Die Plate, D-2 Material Hardened to 60 HRC
- Current Tool Life: 3 Machine Dry, 17hr tool life
Feed - 80 mm/min
- Failure Mode: Surface finish below customer specifications
- Coating: HSN²
- Results: Niagara Tools HSN² Carbide Endmill
Tool Life - 22.5 hrs
Feed - 1200 mm/min
- Improvement: 355% increase in tool life while maintaining a quality accepted surface finish