The light grey cutting tool coating material, CC AluSpeed, was especially developed for high-performance machining of aluminum and aluminum alloys.
With its low affinity to aluminum, AluSpeed prevents the formation of built-up edges to a particularly large extent. The extremely smooth surface reduces friction on the face and makes machining easier.
Accurately constructed, the high degree of hardness also guarantees excellent wear protection.
- Colour: Silver-Grey;
- Microhardness Temperature (°C): 4,000;
- Maximum Application: 900;
- Coating Structure: Monolayer
- Application: 3FL, Ø1/2" Carbide Endmill
- Part: Aluminum Hinge Bracket
- Processing Time: 58 minutes (Uncoaded Carbide Endmill)
- Current Tool Life: 3 Slots (2100mm Total Length)
Speed - 7334 rpm
Feed - 154 ipm
- Failure Mode: Significant flute build when SFM was increased
- Coating: CC AluSPeed (TiB2)
- Results: Niagara Tools CC AluSpeed Coated Endmill
Tool Life - 7 Slots (5600 mm Total Length)
Speed - 9167 rpm
Feed - 192.5 mm/min
- Improvement: 20% decrease in cycle time